173-G University Village, Ames, Iowa - 50010; firstname.lastname@example.org; 515-203-5501.
- Iowa State University:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Minor in Mathematics
- Graduation: Fall 2011
- GPA: 3.61 on 4, Advisor: Prof.Zhengdao Wang
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras:
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- CGPA: 7.34 on 10
- Graduation: Spring 2006
- Graduate Research: 2006 - present
- Relay Channel: Analyze the rates achievable
by superposition of decode-forward and compress-forward strategies
for memoryless relay channel
- Multi-user information theory: Develop new coding algorithms for general
discrete memoryless networks with multicast using superposition and noisy network coding
- Wireless Communication: Improving the achievable capacity of MIMO systems with
channel state information.
- Graduate Student Instructor: 2008-2011
- Signals and systems: Instructor for lab course implementing signal and image processing
tehniques in MATLAB
- Teaching assistant for graduate courses on modern control systems and electric circuits
- Communication and signal processing projects 2006-2007
- Sum rate of OFDMA: Implementing OFDMA for MIMO systems over fading channels in Matlab
- Space-time codes: Implementing optimal space-time codes for an N-relay co-operative channel.
- Wireless Sensor Networks: Use of virtual MIMO channels to improve rates in co-operative multihop networks.
- Undergraduate Research: 2005-2006
- Dispersion Managed Solitons: Develop methods for solution of nonlinear schrodinger equations in fiber optics
- Reduced State Sequence Estimation: Study and simulation of RSSE with set partitioning and decision feedback.
- Qualcomm, Inc.: San Diego, CA. Internship: January 2009 - July 2009
- HS-DIO interface and application for WCDMA physical layer testing
- Design a complete high speed digital interface for acquisition/streaming of baseband data from/to the modem
- Implement drivers, FPGA/Modem scripts and solved clock synchronization issues.
- Cambridge Silicon Radio: Bangalore, India. Internship: May 2005 - July 2005
- Memory Optimization of layer one integrated WCDMA protocol stack for 3G devices
- Optimizing the memory pool of the protocol stack and testing it in real time simulation.
- HCL infosystems Noida, India. May 2004- June 2004
- Design and Testing of broadband wireless networks (Wi-Fi, 802.11 Technologies).
- Journal Papers
- N.Ramalingam and Z.Wang, "On the Rate Achievable for Gaussian Relay Channels Using Superposition
Forwarding", IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, October 2010 (Submitted).
- Conference Papers
- N.Ramalingam and Z.Wang, "Superposition Noisy Network Coding", In Proc. IEEE Intl. Symp. on Info. Theory, Saint Petersburg, Russia, July 2011.
- N.Ramalingam and Z.Wang, "MIMO Transmitter Optimization with Mean and Covariance Feedback for Low SNR", In proc. of IEEE GLOBECOM, New Orleans, USA, 2008.
- Computer Languages
- C, C++, Perl
- Matlab, Xfig, Latex, Vi
Achievements and Activites
- Graduate and Professional Student Senate at Iowa State University (2008–2009)
- President (2008-09) and Treasurer (2007-08) of Cricket Club funded by GSB at Iowa State University
- Received the National Talent Scholarship (NTSE), a national level competition in India